Saturday we had to pay another visit to Frankston hospital as Jazara's Newborn screening test didnt collect enough blood. It was so weird going back into the maternity ward, hard to imagine that it was 9 days ago that J entered our lives- time really does fly by when you're having fun.
I was fully prepared that J was going to be upset with the heel prick but didnt think I would end up getting so emotional!!! As sooon as that bottom lip dropped it was a wrap, her eyes quickly filled with tears and mama bear wasn't far behind her. How many times have I had to do this for work and It never once bothered me, now that it's my own flesh and blood it's a completely different story. Someone inflicted pain on my daughter and I wasn't able to make it better =( I think me has to toughen up!!! Haha
Today I had an appointment with a breast feeding consultant which was great. I've been having some issues in that department and she assures me that it will get better. Unfortunately my boobs have suffered A LOT and I'm now at a high risk of getting mastitis. The consultant gave me props for persevering with It as she said most people with as much damage as me would have thrown in the towel long ago. I'm trying to keep up with miss Jazara but It appears that I have a hungry lil girl on my hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww.. I remember the day Jay got his first vaccinations. I must have cried more than him.. and still do when he gets hurt etc. If I could, I would rather suffer and let him be pain free.
ReplyDelete