Jazara Elese born 22nd September at 1.58am. 8 pounds 6 ounces
Well my little bundle of joy arrived and I am feeling blessed!!! My waters broke Wednesday 21st at 1pm and let me tell you, this was not what i expected, all I can say is thank GOD i wasn't out and about when that happened =) After making a quick phone call to the hospital they asked me to come in so they could confirm that it was in fact my membranes. There was no doubt in my mind that it was in fact my waters!!! Anyway, after being checked out they sent me home and warned me that nothing may happen for up to 96 hours and since I was already 5 days past my due date they went ahead and booked me in for an induction but said I would more than likely go before then.
I was getting mild contractions for the rest of the day but nothing too serious until around 9pm. Called the hospital again and they told me to stay at home until I couldnt manage any longer, I suppose I have a high tolerance to pain as I stayed home until 12 am ish. By the time I got to the hospital I could barely walk. Once up in the maternity ward they put me into an assessment room to check how far along my contractions were and also check baby Jazara's heart rate. This was the time that things started getting hazy for me, my memory of what transpired may be a little bit off as I was so focussed on the pain and pressure. It's so weird trying to explain the exact feeling and everytime a midwife asked me something I wouldnt know how to respond. After having my assessment done they rushed me into the delievery room as I was already 8cm dialated, from here It all happened super quick and after 8 mins of solid active pushing and NO DRUGS, I gave birth to the most wonderful bundle of joy. Words can not express the joy I feel and the happiness that It was a GIRL!!! I think we were all pretty convinced that there was no way that I was going to be having a girl, especially after Daena had just had Nina.
Anyway, she is just perfect!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Blaire for letting your Dad and I share your journey to the birth of our gorgeous 5th Grand-daughter Jazara Elese. Thank you also for sharing our middle name with her. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLove you girl!!!! Congratulations once again!! Hugs!!
ReplyDelete